When creating or previewing a statement, or when choosing a statement template, an unexpected error occurs. The statement preview then does not appear.
This problem only occurs when using one of the "Classic" style statement templates.
This problem occurs when your computer does not have the necessary font used in the statement template. Specifically, it occurs if your computer does not have the font "Century Gothic" installed.
Although most computers will substitute another font (most commonly "Microsoft Sans Serif") when the "Century Gothic" font is not available, some computers are unable to do this - for example, if your computer has the "Century Gothic (Bold)" font installed, but not "Century Gothic (Regular)," then the font is not substituted, and the error occurs.
To resolve this problem, you can choose another statement template - the "Simple" style statement templates are almost identical to the "Classic" style statement templates, except that they use the "Arial" font which is always installed with Windows, so it should always be available in all computers.
To choose a different statement template, follow these steps:
- Click the Tools menu at the top of the TurboLaw Time and Billing window and choose Settings.
- Click the Templates tab and click Choose Statement Template.
- The "Oops" error message will appear; click Try to continue.
- Choose a different statement template from the list on the left - any template that is not labeled as "Classic"
- Click OK and then OK again to save your changes.
After you have done this, you should now be able to create or preview a statement without the error message appearing.